BMT: Day minus 10
I found out why I haven't puked up my food yet (if you remember from my previous chemo rounds, I puked up a bit) ... I was told the anti-vomitting medicine they are giving me now is stronger than the one I used to get. I'm glad it works because that means I can hold down my food and I need lots of nutrition now.
I had many visitors today. My great-grandma, granduncles, grandaunts, aunts and uncles came to visit me. From the huge windows outside, they were able to watch me have my sitz bath, drink my milk, etc. and I was very excited to show them the features on my bed. I'm fortunate that Mummy, Daddy, Grandma and Grandpa are able to come into my room. (Of course, they all had to be tested and cleared before they were allowed to be my caregivers.) In many hospitals overseas, parents are not allowed direct physical contact with their child during the entire BMT. That sounds absolutely miserable.
I was in good spirits today, apart from the burning rash on my butt this evening because I've been pooing many times today (diarrhea is a common side effect of chemo). Ouch.
Aaron - my bed has many cool features but I am not sure they are all that practical. I tried the weighing scale feature on my bed today and it told me my weight was 5kg instead of 10kg that the normal scales read. I guess an error of 5kg is not so critical for an adult (to determine the dosages of medicines given daily), but for an infant like me, it could be dangerous.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home