Friday, August 05, 2005

My counts

I had a full blood count test done last night ... although my platelet level is now well in the normal range, my neutrophils count has dropped even further to 0.02! I was expecting it to rise, given it was 0.06 on Monday. It seems like my body takes a long time to produce the neutrophils, staying close to zero for a week, which means I'm extremely vulnerable to infections. My doctor's advice was, "Just pray hard not to get any fever." Everyone at home is extra careful to keep everything as clean as possible ... even I'm helping out by cleaning my books and toys with tissue paper! (I'm not allowed to use the antiseptic solution).

Aunty Sharon, thank you so much for the discounted VCDs and for delivering them. I'm having a whale of a time going through them. Thanks also to Aunty Shirley and Uncle Kenneth for the bonus Learning with Spot DVD. I have several Spot books so it's a nice change to see Spot moving around (on TV) and I don't have to flip any pages.

Brigitte, we are glad you didn't turn into a butterfly ... otherwise you wouldn't have been able to sing at Daddy's and Mummy's wedding!

Hannah, you should try asking your Mummy to sing you to sleep at night. It works when my Mummy (not Daddy) sings me to sleep. My Daddy's voice sounds much like your Dad's, I imagine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home