Wednesday, August 31, 2005

BMT: Day minus 5

Today was one of my better days. I didn't have any more fever and the blood cultures remained negative, which means the fever I had over the past 2 days were most likely due to the side effect of the fludarabine drug. The doctors have ordered the antibiotics to be taken off ... yeah, 2 less drugs to infuse. My diaper rash has gone, after many days of airing and loads of cream. I also ate a bit more today than yesterday. This is a great relief for everyone, which, if I can keep it up, means I may be able to be spared of having a feeding tube inserted through my nose into my small intestine.

Aunty Margeret and Uncle Bob, thanks for the novel idea of sending me a limerick - I like hearing rhymes (it must be all those nursery rhymes I grew up on!). However, I didn't really understand the bit about the Carribean, which I have never seen, and me going water skiing sounds like someone has been dreaming, but I guess a limerick doesn't have to mean anything, as long as it has a nice ring.

Thanks Brigitte, your limerick is really nice - definitely keeps my spirits up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog! I also have a site about Hydrofoil waterskiing
. You can check it out at Hydrofoil waterskiing
.

Also, as a special bonus, I want to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE Sony DVD Handycam. Just click the link below and enter your Zipcode to qualify.

FREE Sony DVD Handycam

11:44 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home