BMT: Day minus 6
I was given a new chemo drug today. It's a highly toxic drug which kills all the rapiding dividing cells. There are 16 doses to be given over 4 days. My counts will be reduced to zero in a few days' time. I still have a raised temperature and a fever spike today but my transplant doctor thinks it's most likely caused by the chemo rather than an infection. The results of the blood culture should be known tomorrow. I hope it's negative and I can go off the antibiotics. I can't keep track of the numerous drugs and medicine I'm being given.
My diaper rash is improving and I'm back to enjoying being in the bath again ... of course, it is made a lot more exciting when I throw my plastic duck out of the tub onto the floor and making a huge splash everywhere (but no one else seems impressed)!
Rob, thanks for the All Blacks soft toy which I can't wait to get my hands on - but I have to wait as I am banned from soft toys for now. Anyway, I hear he is waiting for me at home, supporting the team in my absence!


2 Comments:
Hi Ian,
We're keeping our fingers and toes crossed for a good blood culture result.
Meanwhile here's an attempt at a fun limerick:
There was a young lad called Ian,
who went for a trip to the Caribbean,
And when he came back,
he was right on track
and took up water skiing.
Maybe other supporting bloggers could change the last line or turn the first one around to make a new daily limerick for you on these your minus and plus days.
Love,
Margaret and Bob
5:10 am
Hi Ian
I'm glad you're back in the bath. My friend's baby has a big rubber duck that IS her bath. I don't think she can throw that around yet!
It's great you have your Mum and Dad and grandparents in the hospital with you. And that you get to see people through the big windows. It's like you're own reality TV show!
Here's my shot at a limerick!
There is a young man named 'Wright'
His parents' joy and delight
He's got a great blog
To which we all log
To encourage him on in the fight
Well, it's not funny - but it sort of rhymes! I think Margaret and Bob have set the standard!
Love
Brigitte
9:14 am
Post a Comment
<< Home