Thursday, September 01, 2005

BMT: Day minus 4

Today was another good day for me.

Uncle Mark came by and I had a great time showing him my bed, all my DVDs and storybooks. It was a nice change to have someone "playing" with me through the glass window as I was fed lunch. It certainly made Mummy's tough job easier with the distractions (I still refuse to eat much). Thank you for the Spot books. I can now follow the stories in the books on TV when Daddy & Grandpa play the Spot DVDs for me.

JJ and Eunkyung, thank you for the complete set of Ralph Lauren outfit - my very first designer clothes ... now I've got to get Mummy and Daddy to dress me in more of these because I think I will look decidedly better than my shabby singlet and (wet) diapers! The jacket will come in handy on Monday during the transplant itself. As the cord blood is thawed for only a few minutes (from minus 180 degrees Celcius), I am expected to get chills during the infusion as the blood will still be cold. Perhaps I wouldn't need the electric blanket the nurses prepared for me now that I have this cool jacket to wear!

1 Comments:

Blogger aaron said...

Hi Ian

I'm very happy to hear that you've had a couple of good days. Sounds like your Mummy is doing a great job to keep you eating and keep your strength up.

Do you know what time you will have your transplant on Monday? Maybe at that time all your blog readers could cross their fingers, or pray, or do whatever they like to do.

I know it will still take time after the transplant for you to get better. But maybe you could feel a little bit stronger if you know all of us are supporting you during the time of the transplant.

Take care

Aaron

2:12 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home