Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Third chemo - Day 2

I had another bone marrow test done today, along with the IT (chemo to protect my brain which is administered through my spinal cord), so I had to be sedated again. Well, what would normally be a relatively simple 20-minute procedure ended up taking over 2 hours. The sedation didn't really work ... I was sedated 3 times until the maximum dosage was administered. Still, I was awake and kept blabbering "star", "moon" (they are big fluorescence stickers on the ceiling above the bed) and "clock" (hanging on the wall) non-stop because they were all I could see lying on my bed. The doctors and nurses could not hold me down tightly and there were several misses. When I remove the 2 huge bandages on my lower back tomorrow, I expect to see at least 6 needle marks. Ouch.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang tough Ian, you'll get through this soon. We're all rooting for you ok!

God bless
Uncle Ed

12:09 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, sedation problems - maybe Daddy should have read some of his economic lectures to you as a bedtime story!

Love
Andrew and Jo

6:41 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ian,
When I was a little girl my mommy used to give me a piece of chocolate to hold in my mouth while I had to go through an unpleasant procedure. Do you think you could do that or would the doctors be "spoil sports" and say no?
You are a real trooper. Keep up the good work.
Love, Henrietta

10:14 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mr.Charmin... well its ur 3rd round of chemo... you are doing well and i am pleased your Mr.Hickman's isnt troubling us this tym.Ha...You had been a GOOD boy- heard daddy said you are eating well again and most importantly- keeping your oral cavity away from those severe oral mucositis and doing regular sitz baths...These are the basics for BMT.So keep up the gd work Ian!See you soon.

4:18 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ian,
You really do have a lot of spunk and a good fighting spirit and a good sense of humour too which will undoubtedly stand you in good steed. Its hard to knock you out and thats a positive. Do keep on with these tricks of yours and keep the others on their toes. I hope those needle jabs don't bother you too much and that you have plenty of other nice distractions.

Love
Auntie Margaret and Uncle Bob

8:25 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home