Second chemo - Day 7
I only have one more day of drugs to go on this second round, and hopefully I can go home soon thereafter (yippee). I have seriously lost my appetite over these last few days. It seems based on my latest blood test, I have a low Hb count which explains why I have trouble eating, am a bit grouchy, and looking rather pale. I will be given a blood transfusion today.
I have got some results back from my tests on Monday, and it seems I am not in complete remission yet (sigh). I will get more detailed results over the next few days. In any case, it just confirms the need for me to have a Bone Marrow Transplant, which is a rather daunting procedure that I will try not to think about until nearer the time. I first have to get to the point where there is no sign of any of those pesky leukemia cells in my body, which isn't proving so easy. The M7 form of AML I have is particularly hard to beat, which is why my leukemia is considered of a high-risk type.
Mel, thanks for more books. I enjoyed the chicken book you got me last time so the bear one in the same series should be fun too. They arrived in time ... I am 14 months old today!
Hannah, I haven't heard from you for a while ... I wonder what you are up to?!


3 Comments:
Hi Ian
I'm just passing through Singapore and sending lots of postive thoughts to you and your mum and dad. You're being so brave! You have had lots of candles lit for you all over England and Scotland too!
Brigitte
9:44 am
Dear Ian,
How are you today?
I've been feeling scratchy for the past week or so, maybe because my biggest tooth is coming out right now? It is a terrible feeling, but compared to what you are going through, it is nothing.
It seems you have been going through a hard time, my sweet heart? I strongly hope that your appetite comes back - it must be terrible not to want to eat at all!
Happy 14 month-old B-day!
So, you are about 7 months younger than me, right?
I and Shonagh drew some pics for you. Can you please send your postal addrress to my dad's mailbox?
We will send the pics soon :)
Wish you all the best!
Lots of love
Hannah
4:51 pm
Hi Ian,
my dad told me that life hasn't been treating you too gently lately. And my mum says that flower help. So I produced a paiting with flowers and a tree. And a ghost, of course. There are two ghosts in fact. You can see the drawing at http://ulrichkaiser.com/niklas/blomster_og_trae.jpg.
All the best!
Niklas
4:07 am
Post a Comment
<< Home