End of second round of chemo - Back at home
The tubes were finally disconnected from Mr Hickman today and I'm now free to move about. Freedom at last! It's great to be home again, and re-discover all my old things. My appetite is still a bit lost, but I hope to find it now that I am at home. If I remain fever-free on Monday, I will see my doctor on Tuesday to check my "counts". My counts are expected to hit rock bottom around mid-week, so I need to be extra careful during this coming week.
I have been really touched by the kind wishes, prayers, and gifts I have received (as well as all the candles you have lit for me, Brigitte). They make me feel like I am taking this journey with many others.
Niklas, your drawing is so nice. I like the colourful flowers and apple tree. I think you are really gifted at drawing, as do my Mummy and Daddy.
A big thank you to the "Uncles and Aunties" from the Economics department at NUS, who sent me a learning cube. Each side has a different puzzle which will keep me occupied for quite some time. I do like a good challenge.
Ethan, thanks for giving me your extra Elmo soft toy. I like to rub my nose against Elmo's nose. Do you do that to your Elmo too?
Sweet Hannah, I know what you mean about teething pain ... my pre-molars have emerged. I find biting into baby pillows very satisfying!


1 Comments:
Dear Sweet Ian,
Welcome home!
Hope your appetite will come back soon!
Biting into pillows is a great idea! Please, before you bite one, make sure it is not 'Hannah' :)
You ARE taking this journey with many others, sweet heart. Our mind is with you when we think about you, and you know, we often think about you... I know many other friends and families of yours do so, too.
We will send letters we wrote to you tomorrow. Shonagh wrote too much (just like she always speaks too much), but the amount is the only one thing she can defeat me in. In terms of the content of the letter, definately mine is more heartfelt ;)
Enjoy your stay at home and we all wish a good result from the check tomorrow.
Lots of love from
Hannah
4:01 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home