Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Second chemo - Day 4

I had my bone marrow test and bone biopsy done on Monday. It seems the doctors didn't sedate me enough ... I woke up in the midst of it and had to be given more sedation. Apparently it is especially hard to sedate young ones like me. I was also given IT (like the previous round of chemo) again. Mummy and Daddy had a difficult time trying to keep me lying on my back for 4 hours. (This position makes the medicine flow better to my brain). I should get the results of all these tests over the next week.

I'm not coping as well with this round of chemo. I've lost my appetite and have been puking up my food despite being given anti-vomitting drugs. I'm also feeling a bit irritable. I hope this phase of side-effects to the drugs passes soon, so I have a respite before the Neutropenic fever kicks in.

Brigitte, I like the picture of magical castle on the postcard you sent from Germany. It really resembles the castle in Disneyland (I recognise a similar one on the Pooh and Tigger VCD Mark gave me).

Henry and Lynda, thank you for the books, DVD and cuddly koala. My favourite is the koala book on aeroplanes ... I can't stop spinning the propellers on its cover! It's so cool ... I do like aeroplanes so very much. Every time I hear one go overhead I look outside the window, but unfortunately I can't see them from my room. So I have to be content to see butterflies and lizards instead (which I enjoy watching too).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ian,

how are you doing now?

It is terrible that you have lost your appetite. Hope it comes back asap.

Meanwhile, be strong and hang in there. :)

DN.

6:39 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home