Fourth chemo - Day 0 & 1
My counts have finally picked up to normal levels so I can start round four of chemo today. Actually, I was admitted yesterday but due to a bit of a mix-up in scheduling, I will actually begin today. This is to be the last round of chemo before my bone marrow transplant.
I hope I remain infection-free after round 4, like I did after round 3. But the most crucial is still the BMT ... which is scary since the risks arising from complications and infections are much higher. I heard in Hong Kong that the parents are not allowed in contact with their children during the BMT (unless it is through a special plastic sheeting). Fortunately, they are not quite that strict here!
Aunty Mel, thanks for the books. They arrived just in time to keep me busy in hospital over the next several days. I've become a bit bored reading the same old stuff for so long!
Thanks also to Eric and Natalia, for the nice e-card. I like the flowers, which is one of my favourite words by the way.


3 Comments:
Hi Ian,
We do hope that your next round of chemo goes well and you can remain infection free again. Mummy and Daddy are obviously looking after you very well and you must be pleased that they can stay with you throughout all the treatments, now and later. Then you can tell them your new words and show them your new tricks.
Love
Aunty Margaret and Uncle Bob
5:30 am
Dear Ian
I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. I bet he's watching over you now.
Keep on fighting off any infections! Just as well you are not in NZ, everyone in my office is getting the flu!
Still thinking and praying!
Love
Brigitte
5:20 pm
Dear Ian
Good luck with the 4th round. I can't even begin to imagine what it must feel like. You continue to be a pillar of strength. Keep it up and hopefully I can see you again soon - Mum applied for a job in Singapore!
Love Emma.
7:44 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home