My good friend
I was devastated to learn that my good friend succumbed to infection and AML-M7 last night. He was a cheerful, active and intelligent boy. His daddy says we have a lot in common (other than just having AML-M7). He loved his pillows, Elmo, said "no" very often, pointed at everything, and enjoyed throwing things onto the floor pretending to be surprised. I guess we will never be able to play rugby together or go to school together. But I'm happy that he does not need to suffer any more, having gone through so much in the past two months. I drew a picture for my friend last night. It was my very first drawing and I hope he likes it. Mummy put it next to him as he lay eternally asleep, peacefully. He looked very handsome in his Diesel outfit. Mummy had a strange dream last night. She saw a little boy in pyjamas, with a halo above his head. She has never seen anything more beautiful. I guess you came to say goodbye and to tell us that you are now happy. We will all miss you.
I am still waiting to be ready for my fourth round of chemo. While my platelet count has gone through the roof, now over twice the top of the normal range, my Neutrophil count dropped further to just 0.11. I am hoping things will return to normal by the end of the week. Meanwhile, I am eating well and have put on over a kilogram in the last couple of weeks (you can't expect any less with Mummy eagerly trying to stuff me with heaps of porridge, milk and cereal!).


4 Comments:
Hi Ian,
We are sorry to hear about losing your buddy. Keep fighting, but go to sleep earlier so your parents can get some rest. You need rest most of all so you will have super strength to fight the bad and build up the good parts of your blood.
We love you,
Henrietta and Bernie
9:49 am
Hi Ian
That is very sad news indeed ... I hope it doesn't get you down too much. I think your Mummy & Daddy have been doing a super fantastic job of helping to keep you free of infection so far. It must be a tough job.
I eat porridge (Scottish one made with oats, not Chinese one made with rice) for breakfast every day. You will definitely be super strong if you eat it too!
Aaron
2:32 pm
Ian
I'll be thinking of you tommorrow when I'm donating blood. I know how important blood products are for people in your situation. Wouldn't it be weird if you ended up with my blood! Although the Blood Bank might turn me away cos I have a bit of a cold.
Keep at it and give mum and dad a big hug from me and Jo.
Love
Andrew and Jo
9:36 am
Dearest Ian,
I'm sorry to hear abt the news of yr dear friend. I'm sure everyone misses him a lot. However it's very sweet to hear that he appeared in yr Mummy's dream as a way of saying that he's now doing beautifully well. We all have our own little paths to take and I wish his little soul a wonderful journey after his visit to planet Earth.
May you be well and happy, Ian :) I hope your counts go up as quickly as you gain weight. Great to hear that you've been eating well! Keep eating, you have four more boxes of cereal with me here on the way! Take care & keep smiling ok :)
love always
sharon
11:04 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home