Friday, July 22, 2005

Fourth chemo - Day 4

I seem to be reacting a lot more to the chemo this time round - apart from fever, I developed rashes and had diarrhea today.

I've pretty much lost my appetite and wouldn't even take a spoonful of my favourite food (cereal). (Aaron, my cereal not only contains oatmeal, but also brown rice, millet and bran, which is mixed with milk formula - sound delicious?) My loss of appetite is expected, which is why Mummy worked so hard to fatten me up after the previous round (did I tell you I went from 8.5kg to 10kg in 4 weeks?!)

Despite the side-effects from chemo, I'm still relatively happy and active. I'm becoming a DVD addict these few days. Either I demand my favourite DVD to be played (Sesame Street - Learning about Numbers) or I open up my player and spin DVDs around inside. Maybe I'm training to be a DJ!

I still have one more dose of chemo to be given tonight. If my reactions settle down by tomorrow morning, I can go home!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ian,

Wow a 17.6% weight gain in 4 weeks, that's pretty impressive! I'd have to gain 13kg to do that! As I recall your Mummy's cooking is awesome, and I'm sure she could even make porridge really tasty.

I like numbers too ... Once you're bored with that DVD, there's Elmo's Introduction to Algebra, and The Wiggles Do Basic Calculus to look forward to ...

Aaron

8:16 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home