Wednesday, September 07, 2005

BMT: Day 2

I was back to feeling lousy today. I was rather sleepy (as I should be) and didn't want any food or water. My total oral intake today was a pathetic 10.4ml of milk (you can be quite accurate with a syringe!), plus some oral medicines (if they count). I'm now getting the essential nutrients I need from the nutrition bag given through IV. I continue to have nausea. In fact, I have to be given the same oral medicines 2-3 times because I keep vomitting them out. Grandpa has a strategy which seems to work most of the time. That is, to give me one oral medicine first, then let me puke everything in my gut out, followed by giving me another dose immediately. That way, I have nothing to throw up even though I really feel like it.

The diarrhea was worse again today, and my backside is red and sore. But the good news is that so far, I have avoided the fever (and infections) which the doctor told me to expect. They are far more worrying than a red backside or a runny tummy.

Daddy decided to try giving me the daily GCSF jab while I was awake this time. The jab (in my thigh) doesn't hurt (a cream LA is applied an hour beforehand to numb the area), but it certainly hurts when they push the medicine slowly in. I don't think I will be sleeping through that part.

Uncle Aaron, in case you were referring to Uncle Mark, he is one of Daddy's friends and colleagues. In Singapore, everyone one generation older is called an aunt or uncle, so sometimes it may seem like my family is bigger than it really is! And speaking of "Uncles", thank you Uncle Shravan for the fun books you gave. It was very kind of you.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ian,

We love you and wish that we could dance in front of your window and make faces at you so you could laugh.

Henrietta and Bernie

9:05 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ian,

I am one of your dad's colleagues in the office. Glad to hear that the procedures went well and wish you have a steady recovery! Keep strong and cheerful Ian.

My sons Judi and Tirta (who is about your age) say 'hi! and wish you all the best!'

Thinking happy and healthy thoughts for you from us all Ian!

Eko, Santhi, Judi and Tirta

10:39 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ian,

Same here as Eko's above... All the best!

Wei Kang

12:48 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ian,

Hope you get your appetite back soon.

We are reading your blog several times a week and are very proud of you...

Henry (our son) said he wants to come to Singapore and visit you. Look forward to that day. Get better.

Love,

Mary, Ben, Henry and Kate

12:48 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home