BMT: Day minus 3
I had a good day today (i.e. nothing bad happened). I spent the best part of it sleeping, giving everyone a bit of a rest. I even slept through my lunchtime so only had 2 small meals today. For the first time since I started the chemo, I went to sleep before midnight. I guess all my late nights finally caught up with me.
My counts are dropping fast now, which is good since they should be very low (if not zero) for the transplant on Monday. Aaron, the transplant is scheduled for 10.30am Singapore time so there is still time for you to fly over to witness the event (I will have the blinds up so you can see everything from the huge windows outside)!
Things will start to get busy from tomorrow (Saturday). I have a whole lot of new drugs to take over the weekend to get my body ready for the transplant, some of which come with the risks of serious side effects. One drug is based on plasma taken from rabbits which will kill my T-cells. As a result, I will need a lot of monitoring over the weekend - lots of extra wires and cords attached to me, which I can't resist pulling off. Mummy and Daddy, and all the nurses and doctors are wondering what strategies they can use to stop me from doing so. Maybe if I am as sleepy as today, I can just sleep through most of it!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home