Sunday, September 04, 2005

BMT: Day minus 1

I had another lousy day today. I didn't want to do anything except lie on my pillows and try to get comfortable. I continued to puke, despite the fact that I didn't eat or drink anything, so what came out was saliva & the oral medicines. I also had bad diarrhea today ... Mummy and Daddy lost count of the number of soiled diaper changes and the diaper rash is back. Ouch.

I'm gearing up for the big day tomorrow. Apparently, there will be some expected reactions and side effects from the transplant, especially when my donor's blood group is different from mine. I just hope they are not much worse than those of the last two days.

I've heard that I will be getting a large helium Elmo balloon tomorrow from the Childrens' Cancer Foundation (CCF), so that is something I'm looking forward to.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck for tomorrow. We are thinking of you and hoping that everything goes well.

Our thoughts are with you.

Love Andrew, Sara and Emma

12:58 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay strong Ian, and amongst all that puking and wriggling be sure to give you mum and dad a big hug from us. With Elmo watching over you I know you're in safe hands.

lots of love
Andrew and Jo

5:17 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and your Mummy and Daddy lots today. Keep fighting.
Lots of love
Suzanne and James

5:28 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll all be praying and rooting for you Ian. All the best. May you grow stronger with each day. & may Elmo and the angels be with you always!

with love,
sharon

10:36 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ian,

sorry it wasn't an Elmo, but a smiling Pooh that's watching over you! Glad you are having fun punching it! Don't bully Pooh too much! Stay cheery, little one.. :)

p/s: Look forward to a school bus next! :)

auntie shuhui

11:31 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home