Tuesday, September 27, 2005

BMT: Day 22

My transplant doctor had some good news to share this morning. She said that I may be discharged this Friday if (1) I take my oral medicines well, (2) do not have fever and (3) my platelet level holds so that I do not need a transfusion every 1-2 days. This is my 6th week in hospital ... I can't wait to be disconnected from all the IV lines and be free to move about at home again.

I had another platelet transfusion this afternoon. One of my platelet donors was called up for harvesting today and he came by to visit me with Aunty Sharon (thanks for the very cool Elmo and Pooh bear balloons - I feel so spoilt). Although his platelets couldn't be processed in time for today's transfusion (the lab needs 24 hours to process it), I'm sure I'll be using them in the next 5 days (platelets expire 5 days after harvesting). Thank you so much for your platelets.

My appetite has picked up a little (I drank twice as much milk today but I still have a long way to go to reach my ideal daily calorie intake). Maybe it was because Mummy was so determined to feed me milk every 2 hours and since I didn't take an afternoon nap, there was more time to feed me! Also, Uncle Mark ate his yummy lunch outside my window so I was a little tempted.

I set a new record for staying awake all day ... I woke up at 9.30am and didn't go to bed until past midnight! Everyone (except me) is exhausted!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ian

You might be going home! That is awesome. I hope you don't get any fevers! I will keep all my fingers crossed that it all goes well.

Love Brigitte

4:09 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home