BMT: Day 18
My absolute neutrophils count (ANC) is 0.45 today and my transplant doctor says my counts look promising. My ANC has been steadily rising over the last week. I hope my ANC will rise to 0.50 or more tomorrow and if it remains above 0.50 for 3 consecutive days, it means I have engrafted and can look forward to going home soon. (But first I have to remember how to eat. It has been three days now since the nutrition bag was removed, and I still don't feel the slightest bit hungry).
I had yet another platelet transfusion today because despite the bag of platelets I was given yesterday, my platelet level dropped to 19 this morning and my transplant doctor would like to keep it above 30 to be safe (I am very active and may accidentally hurt myself playing with my toys or fall off the bed trying to press those cool buttons).
Harriet & Joseph, I really like the Miffy sticker books you sent. Thanks for parting with your precious collection as these are now out-of-print. I have 4 Miffy books which are being held together with tape because I used to enjoy ripping the pages out (I have since grown out of that somewhat) so the board ones you sent are just great. I have a few Miffy DVDs too, so I am going to have lots of fun watching them and pasting the corresponding Miffy stickers on the new books.


1 Comments:
Hey Ian!
Good to hear that your counts have risen! I'll be crossing my fingers that they'll be on the rise with each day.
May you rediscover the art of eating soon! I suppose the potato chip was more of a welcoming start than the mushed porridge was huh? Heh I think your daddy would agree, I recall him enjoying his exclusive bag of Lays for lunch (while we have porridge or msg-laden food) many a time too.
Well take care and thank you for keeping all of us updated regularly, we're reading very closely your every progress! Keep going!!
Love and hugs,
Aunty Sharon
8:23 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home