Tuesday, September 20, 2005

BMT: Day 15

My counts dropped a little today but the doctors said such fluctuations are normal. I also needed another platelet transfusion today and might need a red blood transfusion tomorrow. My diarrhea got bad again so my transplant doctor ordered me off one of the oral medicines which is known to cause diarrhea. That was a great relief for my very sore backside. I hope the skin heals soon so I would want to sit in my bath again.

The nurses removed the IV nutrition bag this afternoon. It feels good not to have so many lines connected to Mr Hickman (makes him very heavy and restricts my movements) but I'm still feeling rather full inside so have no appetite for anything else.

Aunty Meng Woan, thank you for the Starfish book. I like pictures of the many little fish ... it reminds me of the huge goldfish painting we had in the living room (it was removed because Grandma found some spots of fungus growing on the frame). I miss looking at the painting.

Aunty Shuhui, the balloons you brought me today were so nicely arranged that other kids simply could not resist taking them ... I lost all ten this evening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home