Monday, September 19, 2005

BMT: Day 14

I still have some phelgm and my oxygen intake is still not ideal. My diarrhea hasn't improved from yesterday and now my backside is sore again. However, I am still feeling better and I spent most of the day throwing things off my bed which made me very happy!

My transplant doctor is happy with my progress and has ordered me off the nutrition bag starting tomorrow afternoon. (That stuff makes me feel very full so I don't want to eat or drink anything.) Hopefully, I will begin to feel hungry soon and get my appetite back. I did actually eat something today (in addition to drinking some rice water) - I had one breadcrumb and one spec of tissue paper (which I accidently ate when Mummy was wiping the phelgm off my nose)! I am looking forward to going home soon ... today is my 30th day in hospital and I haven't left my bed at all (can't with all the tubes hooked up).

Niklas, the doctors have advised that I stay in protective isolation (that translates to staying at home!) for 6 months post-BMT, so it means I can't go out and enjoy playing with my friends. Thank you for the Hans Christian Andersen book ... it will keep me busy for a while going through the stories which look a bit more advanced than my current selection. I like the pictures because they are colourful and quite imaginery, like my Hungry Caterpillar book. Mummy bought me the DVD so now I can flip the pages of the book while I watch the corresponding ones on DVD!

Aunty Shuhui, thanks for getting the Pooh bear stickers. I shall stick them on the window inside my room so the other kids can't run away with them outside!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home