BMT: Day 17
My platelet level fell to 8 today (below 10 is considered life-threatening) so I was given another platelet transfusion straightaway. The doctor said maybe the measurement was wrong since I didn't show the normal signs of such a low level of platelets.
I am annoyed that I am no longer fed all the essential fats, proteins and minerals through IV (via a nutrition bag). I enjoyed not having to eat anything orally and it seems after 3 weeks of not eating, I have forgotten how to eat. Mummy tried to feed me some bits of mushed porridge and I kept choking on the little morsels. I did happily eat half of one potato chip (nibble by nibble), but at the end of it all, I puked up everything I ate this evening. Tomorrow will be the third day since the nutrition bag was removed, so I should start to feel hungry soon.
Thanks Aunty Shuhui, for replacing my balloons outside my window today. Now I don't mind the kids in the playground taking them since you are always so fast to give me new ones! The 3 balloons today were really cool since each had a letter of my name on them, spelling out IAN.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home