Friday, September 30, 2005

BMT: Day 25 (Back at home)

I don't have a fever, my platelets seem to be holding up better and I am taking my oral medicines without vomitting. Therefore, I meet all the conditions to be able to be discharged. I am one happy chappy today. I let them disconnect my lines without any fuss.

During the drive home, I was grinning at every car, bus, motor-bike, truck, and concrete-mixer I saw. At home, I immediately recognised all my old things and even the huge goldfish painting which had been removed several months ago (it had a little fungus growing on the frame). Within minutes, I was happily removing letters on my alphabet mat, throwing my plastic donuts around and having a whale of a time as if the last 40 days were a distant memory. I missed my afternoon nap and played till midnight.

I have the best uncle and aunt. Uncle Alvin and Aunty Peiqi are busy moving out of their new apartment today so that I can move in on Monday. I will have this weekend to enjoy my old surroundings and I plan to make the most of it. Since we will all be busy moving, I may not blog for a few days. On Tuesday, I will spend the day back at hospital getting my regular weekly transfusions, which will be needed over the next couple of months. I will be interested to see how my counts are holding up and how often I will need transfusions.

Aunty Shuhui threw a going-home celebration for me. I have 3 new toys and lots of big fat balloons to play with. Yippee.

2 Comments:

Blogger aaron said...

Hi Ian,

That's really great super-fantastic news! Personally I always found sufficient conditions to be rather difficult but seems like they were no trouble for you!

Keep up the good work!

Aaron

11:36 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ian

Wow, that's awesome. Going home, and playing til midnight, and an exciting new apartment. So much going on!

Good on Mum being your nurse. I bet she's learned lots of new skills!

Hope the move goes smoothly and that there's room for all your new toys.

Love
Brigitte

3:53 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home