BMT: Day 3
Today was a repeat of yesterday. Same old problems - diarrhea and nausea all day long. I wasn't asked to eat or drink anything (other than my oral medication) to see whether it might help me settle. I still managed to vomit a lot this evening despite "fasting". I've worked out the best thing to do is sleep, so I took a 6-hour nap in the afternoon (after sleeping only 6 hours last night)!
My liver is being overworked with all the chemo drugs prior to the transplant and the medicines post-transplant, so I have to stop one of my medicines and be given another to help my liver cope with the large workload.
One good thing is I am still quite happy to have my teeth brushed with mouthwash, so at least my mouth can be kept in good shape. So far, still no ulcers, even though the doctor told me to expect some.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home