BMT: Day 7
After a rough night and morning with fever, diarrhea and vomitting, things improved after Aunty Shuhui came and stuck some balloons right outside my window. (The other day, a stray balloon had been blowing around outside my window but after it blew away, I kept pointing outside everytime I saw pictures of balloons in my books or DVDs.) I had to keep a close eye on the balloons though, since other children in the playground kept trying to take them away.
As a temporary measure to give my body a break, the doctors stopped all my oral and anti-puke medicines I had been having, and replaced them with just two medicines through IV (one of them steriods). Although the diarrhea was as bad as ever (my diapers were changed about 50 times yesterday), my fever came down and I felt generally better than yesterday. I only vomitted once in the afternoon. My backside is a real concern though, since the skin is already broken in some places and starting to break down over a large area despite all the protective creams being used.


2 Comments:
Hello Ian,
glad the balloons did their job to make you feel better! :) Are they deflated yet? Get you some new ones tomorrow if you need more to cheer you up!
And how are you enjoying the new toys? Esp that yellow smiley bear? Hope you are getting well enough to punch him out silly!
:) aunty shuhui
10:18 pm
Dear Ian,
May Divine Soul keep the high spirits of you & all around u. You are great chosen kid, this suffering is a blessing in disguise & just an interval between happy & healthy times. You will be the role model for majority.
Love & Divine Blessings
Your uncle
Yousuf
10:58 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home