Friday, September 09, 2005

BMT: Day 4

The nausea and diarrhea seemed to get slightly worse today, and I felt miserable for a good part of the day. They have maxed out the dose for the anti-puke medicine but it doesn't seem to work. In fact, I puked up more after the dose was increased!

My mood was not helped by finding out that I have no house to go back to (I'm homeless). Grandma found out today that the house right behind ours is about to be rebuilt, starting just about the time I was hoping to be going home. The doctor had told me earlier that based on research in the U.S., one of the greatest risks of getting serious fungal infections in the months after transplant comes from any nearby construction. It means I will need to find somewhere else to stay when I get discharged from hospital. And this after everyone had gone to great lengths over the past months to get things ready (fungus free) for my expected homecoming including putting in new doors, removing old furniture, plants etc.

Still, I managed to spend some time this evening giggling myself silly as Mummy and Daddy said a whole lot of funny sounding words, as I tried to repeat them at the top of my voice to Mummy's and Daddy's great amusement.

1 Comments:

Blogger aaron said...

Hi Ian,

What a bummer about your house .. I can imagine that Mummy & Daddy have enough things to do now without worrying about finding a new place to live! But maybe you'll find an even better place so it will be worth it!

I was really happy to hear that I could be called your Uncle. When I read that first I was a bit confused and I thought your Mummy or Daddy must have a brother also called Aaron. I'm a bit slow sometimes you see.

Keep laughing like you did today! It really is very good medicine ..

Aaron

7:43 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home