BMT: Day 8
The doctors told me the next week is the most critical period of the BMT. My counts will be at their lowest and I will be particularly susceptible to infections and other nasty problems.
Fortunately, the fever I had over the weekend completely subsided today which means if it was an infection the antibiotics probably worked. In the meantime, my continued nausea and vomitting are concerning everyone. It has been 10 days since they started. Although I thought things might have improved yesterday, they got worse again today. The new combination of drugs don't seem to make much difference. I'm worried that my gut is being damaged from the lack of any food or water, but I just don't feel like anything because of the nausea and everytime I try even a drop of water, it may trigger off another round of puking stomach acids and liver bile (yuk!).
Aunty Shuhui, the balloons outside my window have become rather deflated, a bit like my mood this evening. I think some new ones might indeed cheer me up. Do you have a blue or orange one, since these are my favourite colours? Mummy and Daddy haven't given me the yellow smiley bear yet. It sounds good, but they are keeping it from me since it has to be filled with water, which could be a problem so they told me to wait until I get well enough to go "home". Another thing to look forward to!


1 Comments:
Hi Ian
I'm glad to hear that the fever has left you. It sounds like a very rough time and I pray u will feel much better soon. I think u are very brave, may yr strength continue to shine in the face of adversity. Keep smiling too!
8:23 am
Post a Comment
<< Home