BMT: Day 9
I felt generally better today. My mood improved and I was interested in my toys and books again. In fact, I was hyper enough to only have about 5 hours’ sleep in the last 24 hours – maybe it is those steroids I am on. I still had nausea but vomitted only once despite some attempts to wrench something out of my gut. I do not dare try eating or drinking anything yet!
I had a runny nose which blocked up sometimes, making my breathing heavy. My blood pressure rose quite a bit too and my transplant doctor said I probably have an upper respiratory tract infection. I will have to have a nasal aspirate (involves sticking this tube up my nose and sucking out stuff) and a chest X-ray done tomorrow morning. The doctors are also concerned that I may be retaining too much fluid so I was given medicine to make me pee this evening to prevent cardiac overload.
Aunty Tze Hsin, thank you for the Thomas the Tank train and the toolbox. I can now play with Thomas while watching him on DVD. Also, I can’t wait to get my hands on the hammer and the blocks!
Aunty Shuhui came and stuck more balloons outside my window, which again coincided with my mood being lifted. I spent a good part of the day watching and pointing at the balloons moving around in the wind. Thanks also for the nice sticker on my window.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home