Sunday, October 09, 2005

Counts down

The results of the FBC done on Friday night was unexpected in that all my counts dropped quite a fair bit and I almost needed a platelet transfusion because it was 27. My transplant doctor ordered a repeat FBC on Saturday morning and the results were pretty much the same, although my platelet level was 31, so I just made the cut-off to avoid a transfusion (which is necessary for a level below 30). My next FBC is on Tuesday when I go into hospital for my weekly IVIG. I'm still unclear as to what exactly is happening with my counts. It is still possible my new bone marrow is starting to produce platelets already, albeit at a very slow rate, which would be great news, or maybe it is just that my counts are still dropping slowly. I will probably have a better idea after Tuesday's FBC. At least, I don't seem to need platelets twice a week like most people do at my stage.

Thank you for all your lovely messages. I'm always happy to read them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home