More freedom
My transplant doctor is very pleased with my FBC results today. My platelet level is now 71 and the neutrophil level is 2.84. She says we can now be a bit lax about cleaning all my toys and I can walk on the floor (I have been confined largely to my huge playmat to minimise bacterial infection). She also says I can go out to open spaces. I just have to avoid crowded places where I may come in direct contact with people. I am still at risk of viral infections as my immune system has to be kept supressed to minimise the risk of GVHD. I hope Mummy and Daddy will take me to the parks and airport soon as I've been so bored staying home for so long!
Uncle Ibsen, thanks for the Elmo you got from Japan. I really enjoy spinning him around and making Grandma do the mouthwash for him at the same time when she does it for me!
Uncle Tze Chern, the DIY string-along farm animals set is good fun because this way, I get to string my favourite animals together! Thanks!


5 Comments:
I spoke to Grandad Wright the other night and we both marvelled at your rapid progress. Its great to hear you're going from strength to strength.
Love
Andrew and Jo
9:20 am
Hi Ian,
We are so happy to read about all the positive numbers you are producing.We are also thrilled to hear that you are getting around more these days.
Love, Henrietta and Bernie
9:47 am
Hi Ian,
I'm new here and this is my first direct message to you. I'll try to come often and be one of your friends. Please know that good news will continue to come your way.
Best,
J.J.
12:12 pm
Hi Ian,
Sorry I haven't written to you so long time. I am happy to know that all the numbers indicating good news. You are such a strong boy!
We all keep thinking of you...
Lots of love
Hannah
4:20 pm
Hi Ian
Great to know you're still making great progress! It's wonderful news. And I bet Mum is glad not to have to clean everything so often!!
Love
Brigitte
4:21 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home