First chemo - Day 5
I puked up my dinner tonight, despite being given anti-vomitting drugs every 6 hours. Perhaps the cod fish was too fishy? I'm hoping it was just a one-off as vomitting is one of the side effects of chemo.
I was given some Pooh Bear stickers today and I pasted one on Daddy's nose. Daddy thought it was really funny. He later forgot about it and walked out of my room to the Nurse Station with it still stuck on. He was clearly embarrassed when Mummy pointed it out to him afterwards - hahaha!!
I'm getting tired of being confined to this isolation room (I'm sitting up on the bed most of the time except when I have sitz baths and baths). I am mostly happy, but I broke down this afternoon from being homesick. I miss seeing the monkeys at Pierce Reservoir and dogs when I am taken for evening walks. I am counting down the days to the end of my first chemo session - 5 more days, hopefully.
It's great to know I have 2 little admirers. I guess Shonagh is a little old for me at 4 times my age! So I should choose Hannah. But when we first met a couple of months ago in NZ, I remember tugging Hannah's pants which caused her to lose her balance, fall and cry. Will she forgive me?!


4 Comments:
Hi Ian, I am thinking of you and hope you get well really really fast so you can once again enjoy the great outdoors. You are very brave little one.
8:47 am
Hey Ian, my mum had chemo a few years ago. While it was rough some of the time (feeling sick and stuff) she has been clear of cancer ever since. I hope Mr Penguin has been clean enough to visit - make Daddy run around with it chasing the pretty nurses.
Lots of love
Pooh Tours (Andrew and Jo)
9:00 am
Hi Ian,
Good job re: Pooh Bear stickers on dad's nose! Well done, Ian ;)
Hope there will be no more puking and stuff. Maybe it was just the fish.
Hannah doesn't remember the accident happend when she first met you in NZ, so no problem! I think she has more common topic of conversation with you than old(ish) Shonagh :P
keep smiling :)
Yoshi and co
2:47 pm
Hi Ian,
I work for CRA in Australia and have never met you or your parents but wanted to write and let you know what a great job you are doing fighting this off!
My Aunt just recently has gone into remission from ALL after a year of fighting, so I know how hard you must be working. Keep it up - you are very brave and you have a lot of people all over the world thingking about you and cheering you on.
Livestrong Ian!
Wendy Sherrick
7:53 am
Post a Comment
<< Home