BMT: Day 11
Amazingly, I didn't puke up or poo today at all! The doctors have ordered me off the steroids as they were making me cranky and very irritable ... my body was all confused because the steroids were supposed to make me hyper but at the same time, I was taking another medicine for my cold which was supposed to make me sleepy. Argh.
My nose was more blocked up and my oxygen intake was less than desirable. This added to my inability to sleep properly. My doctor said they may need to supplement it by giving me an oxygen mask to wear but Mummy and Daddy haven't figured out how to get me to put it on yet as I really dislike having anything covering my face (they still haven't been able to get me to wear a normal face mask), so in the meantime, they just have to watch my breathing carefully.
Given my nausea was better today, I started back on some of my other oral medicines they had suspended last week. I should start thinking about trying to drink or eat something tomorrow, except now I have ulcers emerging on my tongue, so I suspect just when I am ready to eat again I won't want to because of painful mouth ulcers. (My doctor said she has only known of one BMT patient who didn't develop mouth ulcers, and that I had done unusually well to last this long without any).
Aunty Sharon, I really like the big Elmo balloon you gave me today. I had so much fun punching Elmo in the face and pointing to his eyes, nose and mouth!
I had a nice surprise this evening when I woke up to find five big balloons in my favourite colours (orange, yellow, blue, pink and red) stuck to my window. Thanks, Aunty Shuhui for such a nice colour arrangement. I am sure all the other kids in the playground are jealous. It is a good thing you placed them high up or they would be all gone by Monday morning when you come back to work!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home