Sunday, November 13, 2005

Christmas Lights

I've been having a wonderful time this week after my bone marrow test and biopsy on Tuesday. I've been eating more and playing harder! Mummy and Daddy have been rewarding me (whenever I polish off my porridge at lunch and dinner) by taking me to Orchard Road to see the Christmas Lights. We went on the opening night and I was so bowled over by the countless multi-coloured lights. I particularly love the giant cupcakes at Centrepoint, as well as the flying birds at the corner of Borders. I was so fascinated by the Christmas lights that I finished all my porridge again the next day so I scored another drive down Orchard Road. This time, I spotted the huge snowman at Tanglin Mall which I couldn't get enough of, so Mummy had to drive around the Mall 4 times! I like the Christmas lights so much that Mummy and Daddy are going to get me a Christmas tree with lots of lights and a huge star at the top.

It was Grandma's birthday yesterday and we had a little celebration at home ... I had fun writing Grandma's birthday wishes (doodled, actually) on her card and Mummy ordered a durian birthday cake (Grandma's favourite but Daddy's least favourite!) on my behalf. I didn't eat any cake as I thought the smell was a bit overpowering. However, I did feel like it was also my birthday cos I got to sit in front of the cake with candles on it and Aunty Peiqi gave me a present too (a cool Penguin telephone)! I'm so spoilt.

Some things don't change. I'm still sleeping after 1am every night. No matter how Mummy and Daddy try to change my schedule or wake me up earlier, I still like to play into the wee hours of the morning. The other day, I counted myself to sleep, counting one to ten repeatedly until I fell alseep!

4 Comments:

Blogger aaron said...

Hi Ian,

I love Christmas lights too. It sounds like you have some pretty awesome ones in Singapore. I wanted to put some up in my house but my wife thinks they're rather tacky. Oh well ..

I've been really happy reading all your good news lately. Keep it up!

All the best

Aaron

2:55 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ian,

We thought that the Christmas lights went on too early in the U.S. and now we see that Singapore is in the same boat.
Will you be able to have Santa come to see you or will you just be able to leave cookies and milk for him?
We are so happy that you are getting rides around town.Tell Mommy to take it easy on the road.

Keep up the good work and try to sleep normal hours,
H & B

10:29 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Ian

Well, I will light a Christmas candle for you this year in NZ, so even though you won't be here, I'll still be thinking about you. But I will look forward to next year very very much!

I'm glad you are enjoying the lights. It must be amazing! Sometimes I walk up on the Port Hills and look out at the lights in Christchurch - and that's pretty cool too! I hope you'll see them next year.

So glad to hear you are doing so well.

Love to you and your Mum and Dad.
Brigitte

PS I'm with Daddy on the Durian cake!!

3:45 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya ##NAME##, just thought I'd say great post titled ##TITLE##. I'm looking for ##LINK## and I ended up here accidentally but I will make sure I return soon. Looking for in addition will keep me busy for a few hours.

6:40 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home