Ouch!
I had another bone marrow test and bone biopsy done today. As usual, the doctors had little success sedating me but I was cooperative during the procedure so it was all over very quickly. I am feeling good and active so I only hope the results confirm how I feel. I will have another bone marrow test done next month and every month for a year, just to make sure that everything is going well in my body.
My FBC results are good today. My platelet level is already in the normal range. The haemoglobin level is still below the normal range, but at least I don't require a transfusion.
My transplant doctor is happy with my progress so far and she says I do not need the weekly IVIG anymore. That means I no longer have to be hooked up to those IV pumps for hours each week! Yippee ...
The nurses told me to expect a sore back tonight from the needle pokes but I didn't notice any discomfort ... I was too busy standing up on my bed and diving down onto the numerous pillows below, laughing myself silly.


2 Comments:
Dear Ian,
It sounds like you are feeling much better! I am so happy that you can have a laugh and jump around. It's also really good that you don't need the IVIG anymore - I don't know how you stayed still for so long! I find it hard to stay still for more than about 10 seconds!!
Love from
Hannah.
5:20 pm
Hi Ian,
I'm really glad to hear that your FBC results are good!! Always try to take a positive attitude. You'll be happier......
Best,
- J.J.
11:43 am
Post a Comment
<< Home