Thursday, February 01, 2007

Endoscopy

Due to my constant and recurrent vomiting, my gastroentrologist recommended an endoscopy. Mummy & Daddy tried to put it off twice because they did not want to subject me to another procedure, plus putting me through setting the catheter (since I no longer have Mr Hickman) , but relented in the end as the vomiting did not stop completely.

The endoscopy went relatively well today, although the doctor had to insert the catheter three times before succeeding. It was painful but I soon forgot about it as I was sedated shortly afterwards. Mummy was present throughout the procedure (Daddy had to give a lecture) so it was not as traumatising as the other previous procedures when Mummy and Daddy had to leave the room.

From the endoscopy, there was no obvious growth or lax junction but the stomach appeared unusually red, so the gastroentrologist took four tissue samples (biopsies) from different sites to test. The results of the histogram will be known in about five days. I hope it is just inflammed from the bad viral infection I had since returning from Perth and nothing more. Fingers crossed.

In the meantime, the pus-filled red spots on my body have recurred and my doctor prescribed even more antibiotics this time. I am supposed to take it for 14 days instead of the usual 7, so it can be considered as having antibiotics course #3 & #4! She said that my habit of dragging my pillow around the floor and then rubbing it into my face, had to go.

One last thing. I have a little round growth in my foot. It is like a little pea inside. It is not painful at all. The doctor looked at it but did not seem too concerned, so for now we will just keep an eye on it. Maybe I stepped on one too many of my marbles.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys,
Grandad said you will be coming here this year. We lookforward to seeing you all. Take care.
Love uncle Michael

9:05 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ian!!!! Oh My goodness How long has it been when I havnt seen you!!??? Im at Highschool now Yipee!! Soon YOur going to be there soon) Time goes Quick!
Well I hope You had an awesome Chritmas!! Luv Yew Very Much Hope to see you!!

Love COusin Micaela:)
xx

4:49 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woops sorry My comment didn't really make sense!! (mistakes)

haha

Miss you!! All of you!

MWUAH!! x0x0x0

Luv Micaela

4:51 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home