Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Update

I had an appointment with the paediatric surgeon today. He thought I looked really well and couldn't believe how much I have grown since he last saw me in August last year when he inserted the second Hickman line. I loved his clinic. The walls were covered in beautiful vertical blue and yellow stripes and at the top of the wallpaper runners, were pictures of cats, dogs and mice ... I couldn't quite figure out which animal was chasing which as the patterns repeated themselves! The best part was I was allowed to touch the wallpaper and I was particularly excited as I am usually not allowed to touch anything outside our home. He is now my favourite doctor!

I am scheduled for surgery (I hope this is the last) on 13 September (am glad it's not a Friday!) to remove my existing Hickman line, as well as another bone marrow test. This is supposed to be the last bone marrow test and it is the standard protocol for BMT patients to do one a year after BMT.

I am still on steroids and it will be many months before I am totally weaned off the immuno-suppressants but at least now I can have friends who are well over.

Brigitte, it's great to hear from you. My Aunty Sharon is going to Canterbury next February for a six-month student exchange programme and we're hoping we can make the trip in Feb as well. You will have to show me your designer kitchen ... wonder if the appliances are the same in my playhouse?!

Nelson and Ella, you look gorgeous in the photocard. Thank you for the personalised card. I'm glad I got you (and your Daddy!) hooked on Huckle. I am also very fond of Lowly worm. I have watched all my Richard Scarry's VCDs over and over hundreds of times ... some are already scratched and no longer play as well!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do hope you visit NZ next year. See you then. Shayne

11:01 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home