Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Surgery postponed

Mummy and Daddy had intended to take me to the Science Centre (I really enjoy the live demonstration on tesla coil setting the balloons on fire & bursting them!) on Sunday after my breakfast but I started feeling sick. I had caught the stomach flu virus from Grandpa who had felt really lousy for several days. It was a particularly nasty variant. Grandma got it the day after me, and then Mummy the day after that. Only Daddy has been spared - so far!

My doctor had arranged for a bed at the ward for me as she said I would need to be on an IV drip if I could not retain 30ml of water. That was motivation enough to hold down some water, though I was still dehydrated.

I felt better by Tuesday but my doctor decided to postpone my scheduled surgery today given I am not 100% yet. I am rather disappointed that I have to wait another fortnight to remove Mr Hickman since I was really looking forward to being able to splash in the water without worrying about getting Mr Hickman wet.

I was thankful that during these 4 days when I had to stay at home, I got a new Kiwi book from Aunty Ida & Uncle Tony to keep me occupied. It has really neat pictures that make for good stories. I liked the book so much that I have been hounding Daddy to call Grandad in NZ to send up the other books in the series!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home