Wednesday, September 27, 2006

No More Mr Hickman

Mr Hickman (my Hickman's line) is finally out. After I woke up today, I told Mummy and Daddy that Dr Dale took it out whilst I was asleep last night! I knew because Mummy and Daddy have been telling me for the past few weeks that soon he will be gone, and that I will be able to splash in the water. I thought Dr Dale looked really cool in those cream coloured gum boots. In the photo, you can see Mr Hickman dangling from my body during one of the weekly cleaning sessions that Mummy used to do. Now, I only have one thing dangling down from my body, and that one had better not ever be removed !!!!



I also had my last bone marrow test (hopefully) done today. It was more convenient to do both procedures in one day. We expect the results in another week. I will also find out if I have changed blood group.

Aunty Shuhui visited me in the Day surgery ward with four huge balloons. I liked the yellow, orange, green and pink colours and they kept me busy all afternoon and evening. I had great fun letting go of the long ribbons attached to each of them and watching them float up onto the high ceiling. Unfortunately, I was not tall enough to take them down again so Daddy had to help. Thanks, Aunty Shuhui!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to see the progress you have made. I wonder if your parents are going to be in Singapore in the last week of this year? If they are, and would have time to get together, can they let me know by e-mail? I am thinking of visiting Singapore at that time. Keep well!

8:38 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home