Perth
I had a terrific time in Perth.I had a great time on the plane hassling the crew. I surprised Mummy and Daddy when I told the air steward, "I need a drink" and when he asked what I would like to have, I replied, "orange juice". Not that I like orange juice but since I got a good reaction, I proceeded to ask for "orange juice" from every air steward who walked past for the entire flight. I also amused another air stewardess when she was asking if anyone wanted any duty free items, to which I responded, "yes, please". 

Mummy and Daddy wanted to take me on a steam train ride through the forest. We drove two hours into the hills but as we got closer, we could see a lot of smoke in the distance. Unfortunately, it wasn't steam from the train. When we arrived, we found the train trip had been cancelled because a forest fire had just started an hour ago and was travelling in the direction of the train's route. My consolation was being able to board the train (it was already running) at the station for a quick look-around.
I love the numerous train crossings, especially when the barriers are brought down so the cars had to stop for the trains. It's just like my Thomas the train! One of my favourite activities is to sit on Mummy or Daddy's lap in the driver's seat of the car and play with the controls. It is so much fun, particularly when the wipers or indicator lights come on. Although I didn't get to ride in the train, Daddy did let me "drive" the car for a short distance in the empty carpark. It was a bonus!
The highlight of my trip was the visit to Caversham Wildlife Park. I could not get enough of the hundreds of free-roaming kangaroos in the walk-in enclosure and bouncing around on the grass with them. I managed to get a peacook to open its feathers into a beautiful semi-circle. The honking sound I made must have resembled his female partner! The huge marine fish tanks at Cicerello's restaurant were amazing. They kept me busy while Mummy & Daddy had fish & chips. The large 3-armed blue starfish caught my attention. I kept wondering what happened to the other 2 arms - was it the shark that bit them off?
It was very sunny in Perth so I had to mostly stay indoors during the day. When I did venture out, I was well covered up and wore a hat. I think it is a different type of hat from the one you
wear in winter, Niklas. However, there was one day when it was a bit cold and windy. It was my first taste of a cold wind, other than the air-conditioner in Singapore. I liked it even though it would have probably felt warm to you, Niklas.
Thanks for all your messages, everyone. It is nice to hear what others are up to. Rob, I'm looking forward to seeing you at the end of the year, and seeing all of you at some point hopefully soon.
wear in winter, Niklas. However, there was one day when it was a bit cold and windy. It was my first taste of a cold wind, other than the air-conditioner in Singapore. I liked it even though it would have probably felt warm to you, Niklas.Thanks for all your messages, everyone. It is nice to hear what others are up to. Rob, I'm looking forward to seeing you at the end of the year, and seeing all of you at some point hopefully soon.




1 Comments:
Dear Ian
HI sweetie, I received your Xmas card yesterday - thank you so much, and plse thank your Mummy and Daddy for the present too. I am happy to know that you're well; the Perth holiday is a sure spirit-booster eh? *wink*
I am privileged to be able to help, and I wish you and your family all the best for 2007. Remain strong! Merry Holidays! *grin*
Best
Veron
9:07 am
Post a Comment
<< Home