Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Results & travel

Results from my latest bone marrow test show that I am leukaemia-free and all seems to be going well in my new bone marrow. My blood has now changed from O+ to B+.

I am relieved to have Mr Hickman gone as I can now enjoy a proper bubble bath and possibly a visit to the indoor aquatic playground in Perth at the end of the month. Mummy & Daddy are taking me to Perth in a fortnight for our first holiday in a very long time. I've been told there are lots of exciting things to do, like take a cruise down the Swan River, board a real steam train like my Thomas the tank engine and buy lots of yummy flavoured chips at the supermarket! The only thing is I have to avoid sunlight still due to my GVHD, so it will make travelling more of a challenge in sunny Perth, especially as I don't like wearing a hat or put on sunscreen.

Hey Rob, we aren't travelling during the Christmas period so are looking forward to your visit - hurry book your ticket now!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ian,

Congratulations on being leukemia free. What wonderful news! And so good to be free of Mr Hickman too.

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday in Perth and have heaps of fun.

Love,
Margaret and Bob

6:17 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ian

It is really great news!! We're so happy to hear you guys are going for a holiday. Perth should be really nice, except for all the Australians :) Please send us some pictures, ok?

Yay, no more annoying Mr Hickman. I like baths too!

Speaking about baths, we are moving to Tokyo on 23/11. If you guys ever feel like coming to Japan, let us know!

Aaron & Yuka

4:31 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tickets booked - but it wasn't easy! I was at the agent's for nearly two hours and I think I could see beads of sweat on her forehead by the end. I think I am what is known as a "difficult" customer. And then there was the matter of getting leave from work... only my brother's wedding made that possible. But all systems go at this stage. I actually have to apply for a new passport too, or I can't get to Singapore. Doing that now.

More great news from your end! And you must be about to leave for Perth soon too. It is a beautiful city. I have been there a few times because my nieces live there. You will have a great time I am sure...

9:15 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - great news.

You'll have to tell us the exact dates you will be in Perth as Tane may - I'm hoping not be in Perth too.

Michelle

8:21 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Ian,

my dad told me (your dad told him) that you have been travelling. To Australia! Please post some photos!

I only made it once to Massachusetts when I was between 3 and 15 month. No memories, too bad.

I was happy to hear that things are going well with your leucemia. I recently ran into one of my kindergarden mates from three years ago who also had leucemia. He's in good shape now it seems.

Winter is (almost) over us. It's really chilly here, we now need to wear hats all day long (outside, not inside of course). And it's really stormy. My dad is constantly worried about our sailing boat, my mom is worried about our roof (which we need to replace she says - my dad rather wants new sails).

The cool thing is that the outdoors ice skating season starts soon and we'll go skiing a few days in February and March. I got a real cool red helmet that makes me look like a pro! I think my dad is a bit jealous.

I really need to go to bed now (so says my dad).

Cheers,

Niklas

4:44 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home