Results of Endoscopy
I saw my gastroentrologist today and she explained the histology report. I have chronic inflammation in both my stomach and food pipe. That means I have both gastritis & reflux. I have been given more medication for the next 6 weeks to hopefully reduce the inflammation. I am hoping this is short term because sometimes reflux can be lifelong.
In the meantime, to help reduce the inflammation, Mummy & Daddy have made drastic changes to my diet. As I used to only want to eat porridge and just swallow it without chewing, this may not help my current condition as I do not stimuate the enzymes in my saliva to break down the food. Therefore, porridge has been taken off my diet so now I am forced to eat noodles, rice, and relatively large pieces of meat and fish so that I chew my food before swallowing. As a result, my feeding time has become even longer than it already was. My gastroentrologist was impressed and said this may help to reduce the inflammation.
Chinese New Year is just two days away and we have been very busy with preparations to usher in the Year of the Golden Pig. Grandma has been cooking (there is a family fest tomorrow night and on Sunday) and tidying the house ... I have been "helping" by lugging out my toys which have been put away neatly.
Uncle Michael and Micaela - I cannot wait to visit New Zealand. In fact, I have been telling Mummy and Daddy almost everyday that I want to go there! We are currently booked to arrive in Christchurch on the 5th of May.


2 Comments:
Yay your coming to Christchurch Josh and I will be very excited to see you in May!!
xx Love Micaela.
take care hope you're feeling good.
3:40 pm
Hi Ian,
This is Ella, writing from Auckland. It's been ages since I wrote and have heaps to tell you. Mum says you're doing really well and even had a holiday to Perth recently. That's great news. Mum and dad took me to Perth two years ago, I was sick all over my seat in the plane so I wasn't very popular with the air hostesses! I didn't mean to be sick.
We had a fun time in Perth and went to the zoo and the beach.
My little brother Nelson turned one last week, we had a little party for him and I helped him open all his presents, he was given some great things for me to play with! He is good fun most of the time and is walking around all over the place. Sometimes he gets into too many places and gets in trouble.
My mum has gone back to work after being off for a year, we really miss her but we have a lovely nanny called Rita who plays lots of games with us and takes me to kindy.
It's my bed time now so I will say goodbye, lots of love from my whole family.
Ella, Nelson, Andrew and Sarah
4:22 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home