Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Fun Time in Melbourne!

Sorry for not updating my blog earlier. I was having too much of a great time in Melbourne on my recent trip. I love the city. It has so many trams and different types of chippies on the supermarket shelves. Of course, I love my six-month old cousin Liam too.

I was so excited to see my little cousin and literally could not get my hands off him! I treated him like my precious teddy bear pillow but I think he sometimes found my pats and pokes a bit too hard! My teddy bear pillow does not react so I was surprised to see Liam react sometimes.

On the weekend, Mummy and Daddy took me to this really cool place on Phillip Island called A Maze N Things and the Koala conservation area. I enjoyed going through the maze and watching other kids sliding down from a very high vertical surface. We also went to the Werribee Open Range Zoo where I got to see some animals up close in their "natural environment" from a safari bus.
Unfortunately, Daddy had to attend some conferences during the week so could not join us for all the other activities. Mummy took me on one of the tram rides around Melbourne - I was rather fascinated with the huge number of them on the streets and even stopped a few trams at the tram stop by sticking my arm out and shouting "Stop" to the driver! I thought it was funny but Mummy did not think so as we did not board those trams I signalled to.
Mummy took me to the Melbourne Aquarium and we spent three hours there. I liked watching the feeding presentations at the billabong and seeing the divers feed the gigantic sharks & stingrays. My favourite exhibit at the Aquarium was the jellyfish. I think the way they move is very interesting and they seem to glow in the water.

I have stopped vomiting now, thanks to my new diet (see my last message). I tried many types of cuisine in Melbourne - Italian (lasagne, pizza), Greek (souvalki), Middle Eastern (spiced couscous, Turkish bread, silverbeet rolls with rice and herbs, etc), Mexican (spicy beef & chicken fajitas), Vietnamese (beef with rice noodles in soup) and so on. Who would have thought I could eat all these, given I was still eating just homecooked porridge and infant cereal a month ago!

Aunty Michelle, Uncle Tane & Liam - thank you for the Hotwheels carry case. It was already one-third full of cars by the time we left Melbourne. Mummy got me more cars at the shops as I was still "short of" brown, pink and gold ones in Singapore!

As we packed our bags the night before we departed Melbourne, I kept saying to Mummy & Daddy that, "I want to go to Melbourne ... I want to stay longer in Melbourne ". I had so much fun here that I certainly would like to visit the city again - and of course to see my adorable cousin Liam again.

The next day after we arrived back in Singapore, I asked Daddy if we were going to the airport again! I am now looking forward to my next trip - New Zealand in May. Ella and Nelson - do we have a date on 19 May?!

I still have rashes from the skin-GVHD. I have gone off Cyclosporine and am now on steroids instead. The rashes seem to be fairly under control at the moment. I am now looking forward to my 3rd birthday party in a couple of weeks. I think Mummy and Daddy are planning a big birthday surprise!
(The photo shop scanned in someone else's wedding photos instead of my other Melbourne ones so I will upload more photos when I get them later.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home