Sunday, April 08, 2007

My Birthday Party

I left the Club of Terrible Twos to join the Tyrant Threes! I had my 3rd birthday party on Saturday (a few days before my actual birthday on 3 April). It was co-organised by the Make-A-Wish Foundation. There were loads of surprises for me. I am a big fan of the wind sock/puppet and we had a 10 foot tall wind puppet in the garden - a lot of cars slowed down to take a closer look at my cheerful yellow friend. I also saw some kids wave at him. Unfortunately, not everyone liked my wind puppet. One of my 2 year-old friends was absolutely terrified of him that he could not stop crying (we were all trying to figure out why he kept pointing at the back door for half an hour) until we drew the curtains shut so the wind puppet was out of sight.
I was given 40 enormous helium-filled balloons. I liked the colourful balloons so much that I could not stop running around the house with them in my hand. At one point, the strings got caught in the chandelier lights in the dining room and no one was tall enough to untangle the mess. In the end, Daddy had to stand on a stool to rescue my balloons. My friends also liked playing with the balloons.
It was time to bring out the birthday cake! I selected the ladybird cake myself. It was a 2kg brownie and chocolate fudge cake which was delicious. Unfortunately, the marzipan was so thick and hard that Mummy had to remove it to cut the cake. However, I did bite into the little babies (check out the baby ladybirds on the grass) before serving them to my friends!
We went to the zoo on my birthday, which was great because there was no crowd and not a single person (or animal!) at the Children's playground. I finally got to play on the huge slides and tunnels, plus dive into an enormous room full of colourful balls. I have been looking forward to reaching 98cm in height - that is the minimum height required to enter the ball room at Ikea. Ha, I was so thrilled that I discovered this ball room at the zoo which does not have a height restriction!
I also got a nice surprise on my birthday - my very own sprinkler spa pool! I am not allowed to use public pools because of the possibility of contracting a viral skin infection so it is wonderful to have my own. Mummy & Daddy set it up for me after dinner, and I just could not get enough of being in the water and splashing water everywhere! My 6 year-old neighbour next door thought I was going overboard by splashing around in it for 3 days in a row! You are welcome to join me but on the condition that you are already toilet-trained!
I am now looking forward to our trip to New Zealand next month and meeting my girlfriends Ella and Hannah!

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Hi Ian

Those pictures are great, very colorful. And you look very cool in those glasses. I want to get some as well so I can look cool too. I hope you enjoyed your trip to NZ. Are you excited about the World Cup? I know you are an All Blacks supporter, which is very lucky, because the ABs are the best team in the world!

5:33 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you are still doing well, I know recently you were two months past transplant! Wishing you happy days.

4:52 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home