Friday the 13th
Today, I felt rather miserable. I had no appetite. My fever has been fluctuating like a yo-yo since yesterday. I wasn't interested in my toys, nor in having a bath. I hope my fever subsides tomorrow and my Neutrophils count goes up so I can go home soon. I am now waiting to get back my blood culture results to see whether I have a bacterial infection since the preliminary results suggest I might.
All I felt like doing today was bury my head into a pile of baby pillows. I am very attached to my pillows now. I have about 10 baby pillows, and an even greater stock of colourful pillow cases. Different ones come to visit me each day at hospital. Why do I like them so much? Pillows are always there for me when I want to sleep, the interesting patterns and objects on them give me something to dream about, they are good to hug when I feel down, they are light enough for me to carry around, and they are easy to keep clean just by changing their cases. I even take my pillows to hold in the bath now (that keeps everyone busy trying to keep them and Mr Hickman dry when I splash)!


1 Comments:
Hi Ian,
Are you feeling better now?
I don't believe anyone spends "Friday the 13th" happily. I had a bad day, too. I pulled my sister Shonagh's hair hard and was whacked by mum on my hand. Then, I cried like a fire engine. It is great fun to pull my sis's hair. She will produce a strange squawky noise without fail every time I pull. Mum is always a painful spoil-sport.
I love my pillow, too. I have only one, though. The reason why I love my pillow is that it has a cute girl's picture on it.
I think about you and ask my god, buddha and The Wiggles to make you feel better.
hugs from
Hannah, your girlfriend
4:04 am
Post a Comment
<< Home