Neutropenic fever - Back at hospital
Here we go again ... the doctors told me to expect this, and they were not wrong. Just as I was starting to settle back into life back at home, my temperature spikes up again so I have to be admitted back to hospital. My Neutrophils count has dropped to 0.21 from 0.36 yesterday and I have to be on broad spectrum antibiotics again. I hope my counts improve quickly so I can be rid of this Neutrophils fever and start my next chemo as scheduled.
Yes, Hannah, my hair was very fine. They say that after it grows back it can sometimes change colour or texture. Some people end up with curly hair when it was straight before. I wonder what will happen to mine. Andrew, shaving your hair ... I don't think it will come out quite as easily as mine did!
I have come up with some names for my baby pillows - Hannah, Micaela, Emma, and Harriet since they are the lovely young girls who have written comments to me on this blog (Hannah, I thought I better check with you first about adding Shonagh to this list). I will reserve the names of the bigger pillows for my favourite nurses!


3 Comments:
Hi Ian, Your hair will grow back after the chemo. It might be curly , like mine ( but mine is very dry and frizzy) Dont wory straight or curly it doesnt matter because you are a good looking, very handsome boy.They said it wil be back to straight again after lots and lots of hair cuts.. Mine is starting to...
I remember when i had a high temp. one of the nurse put a fan directly to me and took all my blankets. I was soo cold and i was shaking lying in my bed andI cried. I was given an antibiotic that make me more sicker.
Well Ian we hope that your fever will go down and your Neutrophils count will be back to normal again. Good luck.
lots of love, aunty gail
7:26 am
Hi Ian,
hope that you are still in high spirits. I used to have straight hair too. Till I went botak in P2. Then my hair became curly. My hair is much straighter now. A bit wavy still. :)
Keep your chin up!
DN.
10:15 am
Dear my cute monk,
See if you will have thick curly hair next time :)
Yes, Shonagh wants to be one of your pillow.
However, I believe 'Hannah' pillow looks nicer than 'Shonagh' pillow :P
Hope the fever go down soon.
Good luck sweet heart.
hugs from
Hannah
12:38 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home