Viral infection
It seems I may have had a viral infection, which may explain why my counts dropped after having risen slightly. I had a fever and cough (several other patients are exhibiting similar symptoms). The results of my blood cultures (testing for bacterial infection) also came back negative.
Mark, thanks for the Lamaze toy. Looking at the face of the bright yellow sun cheers me up and I had plenty to cheer about today. I was discharged at lunchtime as my counts went up dramatically (from 0.23 to 0.80) in one day! Also, my body is starting to produce platelets as my platelet count rose (for the first time since March) so I didn't need a platelet transfusion this time.
I will see my doctor on Tuesday. If all my counts are good, I will begin my second chemo session soon thereafter.
Meanwhile, I'm really having a whale of a time at home playing on my Alphabet mat and throwing my toys everywhere.


1 Comments:
Hi Ian, We are looking for your latest posting of how you are doing. We hope that things are going on the good side.
In the meantime, keep up your spirits by hugging your pillows.
Thinking of you, H & B
8:11 am
Post a Comment
<< Home