Saturday, May 14, 2005

Bacterial infection

The results of the blood culture done on Thursday night came back positive today. The bacterial infection apparently came from Mr Hickman. I will have to be on strong antibiotics for a week and have to stay in hospital until the bacterial infection is cleared and my Neutrophils count goes up.

I'm feeling a lot better today and have more energy (maybe thanks to a transfusion of blood and platelets as well). If you don't hear from me, it's because I'm still recovering from the infection in hospital. Will let you know when I'm discharged.

My sweet Hannah, perhaps you could ask your grandma to make you more baby pillows. My Grandma made those pillows for me (I need so many cos I drop them on the floor, puke on them, wet them in the bath, etc.). She also gives me whatever I want, which makes her my favourite person (Mummy and Daddy don't always let me have my way - argh)!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Ian,

Naughty Mr. Hickman! He's been a pain on the buttocks, hasn't he? Hope you get rid of the bacteria soon.
It is good to know you had more energy yesterday. How have you been today? Do not worry sweetheart, my god + buddha + The Wiggles and other great guys incl: my dad and your dad will protect you. I ordered them so.

Thanks re: suggestion about pillow business. Yeah, I've been feeling just one's not enough! I will ask my grandma.

I went to Hagley Park with Shonagh and her half-Japanese boyfriend from Dunedin, Yo. Most of the time we were there, Shonagh ahd Yo played together and I was like a spare prune! I wished you were here so much! One day WE will play and giggle together and make HER feel like a spare prune (because og her old age! HAHA!).

lots of hugs from

Hannah

1:05 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ian,

I hope your infection clears up soon so that you can be back home where you will be in more comfortable surroundings!

Take care and recover well. :)
DN.

12:36 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teresa said:

It sounds like you are being a very brave little boy, and we in Australia are thinking about you!

take care, and keep up the good work!

7:30 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Ian

I hope you are feeling better these few days. Keep your spirits up! Laughter releases endorphins in the body that strengthens the immune system. So keep giggling like you always do :)

I know what you mean, pillows are jus such wonderful little creatures to have around. They're soft and always so comforting. Have u named all ten of them yet? Hrm i suppose that might be a bit too confusing :/

We'll be thinking n praying for you. Take care love. All the best brave one!

aunty sharon

10:57 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ian

Well, as my mother used to say, you have been in the wars. Still it sounds as if you are being looked after EXTREMELY well. And it sounds to me as if you are taking the strain really well too. So, keep up the good work, keep smiling and laughing (between pukes) and get well soon.

Lots of love
John, Lynne, Katie & Peter

4:41 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny, my mum used to say exactly the same thing as Lynne's mum too.

Hope you're feeling better by now and Mr Hickman behaves himself.

We are thinking of you every day ..

Aaron & Yuka

5:53 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello sweet

I only just checked my email and learnt of your yucky germs and sick feeling. It sounds like Mummy and Daddy and you are being heros, like in the film The Incredibles, where they all have magic powers that help them in dangerous times.
I'm sending you lots of brave and health-making thoughts.

Love to you all,

Nicky Shepheard

3:03 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home