Released on good behaviour
The doctor said I "looked too good to be here" (I had been hyperactive for the last 2 days and going to sleep after midnight every night) and so I was released based on good behaviour! However, they switched my medication from IV to oral antibiotics so that I can take that yucky stuff at home, twice a day until the weekend.
I have been malting like a fluffy cat in Spring. I lost 90% of my hair in 2 days and my bed looks like the floor of a barber shop. Daddy got hayfever because of my hairs everywhere. In the end, we got one of my favourite nurses to shave the rest of it off this morning, so now I look like a young monk!
My Neutrophils count seems to be rising now. My doctor says if my Neutrophils count goes up to 1 by Friday (the bottom of the normal range), my next round of chemo will be brought forward to 24 May. That is the reward I get for doing so well on the first round! I will have to do a few of my favourite things between now and then, like watching planes taking off and landing from near the airport.
Thanks Bee, for picking up my singlets and baby cereal (it's one of the few things I was able to eat in the last week).
Aunty Sharon, what a good idea to name my 10 pillows. I have soft and firm pillows, big and small ones too. Anyone has any suggestions on the names?


3 Comments:
Jo gets all sneezy sometimes, usually cos of cats, but sometimes it happens at home and we don't have a cat. So I reckon I'll shave all my hair (on my head) off too, to show some solidarity with you Ian. Great that you're home again.
Luv Jo and Andrew
1:04 pm
Hello young monk,
I know you are still a very cute guy after shaving off all of your hair. Seems your dad is suffering a bit, though. How peculiar to get hay fever from a person's hair! Or is your hair so fine?
Good to know you are at home now! Enjoy your visit to the airport!
Pillows.., now, pillows....
I will name my only one pillow 'Ian', so can one of yours be 'Hannah'?
Keep smiling :)
hannah
6:19 pm
Young monk,
We'll be really happy when you can be at home doing things like visiting the Airport all the time!
Although all the people at the hospital really like you, they'll also be very happy when you can leave the hospital, well again.
Keep smiling B-)
Sean.
6:25 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home