Monday, May 09, 2005

Going home?

Today, I only puked up my dinner and my appetite improved a little. I think it's largely because my fever has subsided, thanks to the antibiotics I am on. Phew. If I stay below 38 degrees Celcius overnight and my blood culture is negative, I can look forward to coming home tomorrow! I just can't wait. There are so many new toys to play with, cards and messages to read. Harriet and Joseph, thank you for the nice surprise in the mail today. I like the bright red (my favourite colour) Streamliner F1 car. I'm going to have such great fun zooming it around.

My doctor said he is giving me a chemo dosage that is recommended by the UK protocol for babies my age. The tricky part is that I am right on the border between two groups, so since I am just over one, I get the dosage for the older group. Rest assured I am not getting 3 times what I am supposed to be getting.

Today, I decided to join in the effort to keep things clean (Aaron, you would be impressed) ... I started wiping my books with tissue paper. Mummy was delighted!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, cleaning up at 1 year old, I am highly impressed! When I was your age I was eating mud pies and pocket fluff. These are slightly tastier than Watties spaghetti, but not very healthy.

4:27 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ian,

Well done. We know you can make it.

Shirley and Jun

6:51 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ian
Hang in there young fella. I hope you have a great time playing with all of your new toys.
Say a big hi to mum and dad and all our love from New Zealand
Mike

9:51 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:52 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home