Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Back at home

I'm so happy to be home after spending 13 days in the isolation room. I've been very busy playing with my old toys and exploring the new ones. Of course, it's no rest for everyone else cos I still need my sitz baths twice a day, my gargle ritual after each feed, taking care of Mr Hickman and keeping everything as sterile as possible.

John, Lynne, Katie and Peter, thanks for the Spot book and toy. Spot is my favourite dog ... I spent the evening reading my new book which was very entertaining.

If I am very lucky and get no infections or Neutropenic fever (fingers crossed), I will be checking back into bed 35 (my isolation suite) for my next scheduled round of chemo, and most importantly, another bone marrow test and bone biopsy on 28 May. These tests will reveal if the cancer is in complete remission. If it is, then my chances of getting cured are much higher. It also means I will need less rounds of chemo. Meanwhile, I'm going to make the best of my time at home playing with all my toys so you may not hear from me so often. No news is good news!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ian,
Yah to be home. There is no place like home. We are keeping our fingers tightly crossed for the complete remission answer on May 28. Give your mummy and daddy a big hug from me, and give yourselves all a big pat on the back for geting this far. Keep up the good fight!
Love Suzanne

10:27 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ian,

it is certainly great news to hear that you are back home and having a good time.

Say HI to Uncle Al for me. :)

DN.

10:31 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home