My Christmas tree
I haven't heard from my transplant doctor about the results of my most recent bone marrow test so we are assuming that everything is going well ... like the saying goes, "no news is good news"!
Grandma got me a 6 ft Christmas tree today! Mummy spent the evening putting it up and decorating it while Daddy put the lights on. It's so gorgeous with the multi-coloured lights flashing (Aaron, it may look tacky but it makes me happy). I also like the huge gold star at the top of the tree and the smaller ones hanging below. I keep pointing out, "big star, one" and "small stars, many".
As for my sleeping habit, I set a new record the other day for my afternoon nap. I slept over 7 hours in the "afternoon", waking up at 10pm. I had my dinner at 11pm and bathed at midnight. I sleep just 5 hours at night. I seem to be converging on two sleeps per 24 hours period, each of equal length (between 5 and 6 hours)!


2 Comments:
Hi Ian
It's Andrew here, Ella's dad. I have just finished reading the story of your life over the last six months. You and your mum and dad must be so tough, to come through such battles. I am glad you are having some fun again, you certainly deserve it. I'm sorry about the durian, I've heard those things are an acquired taste and make olives and anchovies seem like candy.
Ella is nearly two - it is her birthday in a couple of weeks. She doesn't spend a lot of time on her rocking horse these days. She has a decidedly domestic bent and is happiest in the kitchen helping wash the dishes or sweep the floor. We have heard this will just be a passing phase but for now it is great to have such a willing little helper.
Like you, we have recently moved to a new home and are in the settling in phase.
I hope the good news keeps coming.
Best wishes
Andrew, Sarah and Ella
2:42 pm
Hi Ian,
Your own big twinkling Christmas tree that you can enjoy looking at lots of times every day sounds great fun. You could add one new piece of decoration every day until Christmas so each day would have a new surprise.
Its good to hear that you're eating more again and keeping up your energy levels. Some people just naturally need less sleep and if you block sleep you probably think it saves time. I just hope Mummy got a good sleep too when you had your long late sleep.
We're looking forward to seeing you next Christmas time.
Love,
Margaret and Bob
5:03 am
Post a Comment
<< Home