Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Photos

After many months, Mummy and Daddy finally got around to developing photos they had taken of me over the last few months. I thought you may like to see how much I have changed.

Here is a "before-photo". This was taken by my Uncle Andrew when he came with Aunty Sara and cousin Emma to visit us in January before I knew anything was amiss with my body.



Now, about ten months later, here is a post-BMT picture of me posting my blog. I love to play on the computer. Aaron, I have pressed the shift key more than 5 times quickly to get that beep even before you told me about it. The other day, I pressed some weird combination of keys and got the Microsoft Narrator which read out everything I typed (cool!). Not sure how I did that.



Here is a picture of me with one of my many big books. This is where I got my extensive vocabulary from, browsing these pictionary books for new words to learn when I couldn't go out to see the real thing.



Andrew and Jo, last Saturday, I finally did climb onto my trike to take it for a spin. It was the same day I took my first real steps. I am a bit late in walking, probably due to all that time I was stuck in bed. After being pushed around on the trike for a couple of minutes, I decided to stand up on the pedals. I understand you and Daddy used to do some tricks on your bikes in your younger days. Unfortunately, Mummy didn't get a photo of that one. But Mummy did get a picture of me in my All Blacks jersery doing the Haka for a recent All Blacks game! (You can also catch a glimps of my favourite big pillow, that was always there to support me during my times of discomfort).



Here is the most recent photo I have. This was taken a few weeks ago, when I went through a bread phase, in which my favourite activity was playing with loaves of bread ... and squashing them!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Ian

What great photos. You are very handsome!

I bet your Christmas tree looks amazing. I have a little one that is only about 30cm high - and I have to put it up high so my cat doesn't knock it over!

Are there any presents under the tree for you yet?

Glad to hear things are going so well.

Love lots
Brigitte

8:03 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the photos, you're looking pretty darn healthy.

Some tips on bike riding - when standing on your pedals shift your weight back when going down a steep slope, but not so far back that if you hit something the seat catches you in the wrong spot!

Apparently Grandpa Wright has kept Daddy's old Carlton bike just for you Ian.

Have a great xmas
Love Andrew and Jo

7:32 am

 
Blogger aaron said...

Hi Ian

Cool photos ... very cute and you look so happy. It sounds like you're a real technology expert, so you gotta do something about your parents .. "develop photos" -- what's that?!

Take care

Aaron

9:15 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ian,

First of all, I'm sorry that I haven’t been able to write to you. The end of year is approaching and I'm squeezing my time to do everything that I plan to do.......

Anyway, it is wonderful for me to see your photos! I'm so glad that you look healthy.

Ian, We had the first snow here. Yes, it is December. It is the time that allows the magic to unfold in your life. If you could for wish for anything, what would it be? Make many wishes......

BTW, ask Daddy to see if he has a plan come to Boston in January.

Best,

- J.J.

10:53 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdee little mohammad ali. You really are a tough fighter aren't you. Glad to see you have the support of the All Blacks behind you as well as your awesome parents and other fans. Guess I'm a big dipstick cause Ive been so caught up in all the grown-up hussle that I nearly forgot about the most important one.....thats you buddy. OOOPS.
Nevermind about those photos, sometimes they take a while to develop, and remember rome wasn't built in a day. Wouldn't it be so cool to see some new photos of you and your mum and dad...??
If you ask them nicely maybe they take one for you? Hope so.
Take it easy little fella and gie your dad a right hook for us will you. L o Lv.
JAY

2:54 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Ian!

What cool photos on your website. I was wondering what you looked like these days as I haven't seen you for such a long time. I am excited that Santa Claus is coming in one week's time. Does he visit your place in Singapore too?

My favourite Christmas song to sing is: "Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree. How lovely are the branches." Do you have a favourite Christmas song too?

Lots of love,

Emma

5:43 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home